Friday, August 28, 2009

A Failed Poet

I wrote myself again
made my world and deleted it
I thought it would change me into something good
Honestly, say the truth
am I anything more than what I want to destroy?

Words are the power I use
they are what makes me so different
So fucking much better than you guys killing me

Killing my sweet little soul

Surprise, surprise
I´m not an actor
Lines I wrote were worth of rubbing away
My spirit is still not a character

Honestly, do you see something I could save?
My heart is gone and so are my amazing words
Words you once adored
I´m a failed poet
Why cannot I delete myself

Guys and Girls, I´m really waiting for few lines from you. I miss you and you know how you make me rise above all that makes me so fucking tired.

5 comments:

  1. This one is amazingly beautiful!! I can see how much you have written something that really means to you.

    All poets and artists, no doubt, like to hear good things about their creations. But I dont think that should become a reason to be subdued if they dont get feedback. Writing, for all writers is what they should do for themselves. You are not at all a failed poet, Karoliina. Believe in yourself (although this might be sounding weird from a pessimistic guy like me :P )

    Cheer up !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Words are the power I use
    they are what makes me so different
    So fucking much better than you guys killing me

    Killing my sweet little soul"

    Good lines! ^^

    You know I prefer your Finnish pieces (that's pretty much the reason I don't comment your English pieces at all), but this is very good in English (dunno if I'd say the same if I had read a possible Finnish version of this first).
    The poem: it's bitter, in pain, and I really adore the way you've mixed words of real life and tech words ("made my world and deleted it"), it works very well in an interesting way. ;P

    And yes, I agree with Ayan about believing in yourself (hell, I've been writing prose so much lately that my poetry skills seem to have died altogether, but what the hell, I'll just write crappy poems then xD ).

    Keep writing, I need your poems :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! :) I was just so down with everything... not a single good line in sight for ages. but this came up when I took my dear, dear pen :)
    this is the original version of it, so there´s not a Finnish one yet. I know that you Roosa prefer original Finnish pieces and so do I. no doubt that they are better.
    keep writing your "crappy" pieces! xD good attitude to say the least :)
    maybe you are cheering up, Ayan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always I then wish I knew Finnish. Because you are my favorite Poet in English.

    "My spirit is still not a character"

    Your stuff is always so bittersweet, it's so beautiful, but so depressing. It makes me very sad a lot of the times but hey. It inspires me. And it has what I love and always crave for in pieces.

    Emotion.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. tack <3<3 hopefully it´s not too depressing for anyone...

    ReplyDelete