Friday, May 1, 2009

Nothing

I am this girl
Who´s nothing she says
I am this little girl
Who has nothing around her
I write lies
Everything but real
I am this girl
Who thinks she´s something
That she has something to tell
Well, this is finally the truth:
I am nothing
n-o-t-h-i-n-g

I am a girl
Imagining my poetry
Saying it comes from my heart
I am this stupid girl
Surrounded by forgiving adults
Too tall to look into their eyes
I am this little girl
Who had a dream
Who thought it came true
Who actually is nothing
I couldn´t be less

I was going to say this straight, but it came this way. It just feels like... I dunno. It feels like I can´t write anything good enough for myself. And not enough. Just had to say this out loud.

5 comments:

  1. I cant believe i havent been reading your your words so often , when there are golden pieces here!!!

    lemme tell you, you're one hell of a writer!

    This one up here is so strangely beautiful.

    "Imaginin my poetry
    Saying it comes from my heart"
    these lines are work of a sheer genius. i love the ironic appeal!!

    "Surrounded by forgiving adults
    Too tall to look into their eyes"

    wow, i so love the imagery in this one!
    Really your words work wonders... and hell you shudnt feel like you dont write anything good enough for yourself!!!! good you vented out, tho

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'you have a finnish version of this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww, thanx devil´s pride. :) and I´ve been wondering where you have been, good to see you here!
    Roosa, I don´t but I can translate this. why are you asking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so you originally wrote it in English?
    I just thought... since your works are usually somewhat better in the original language... but if this was originally in English, it might change it. Tho it'd be great to read it in finnish, too... I'll go and comment the finnish version right away :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, I do sometimes write in English originally. it depends on which language the basic idea comes :P

    ReplyDelete